Saturday, July 9, 2005

I’m Alive, & So Are You

Third time’s the charm. Well, I guess that was true this year. We were going to see Céline again, but things felt different, because I was going to Las Vegas without Ashlee for the first time. She had just gotten married about a month prior to our trip, and was adjusting to a whole new life. But I was still very excited! This year was so much more relaxed because we had already seen so much of the city, we were able to sleep knowing we weren’t missing something. We also stayed in a room with a Célinish view once again, I was able to fall asleep and wake up to the beautiful Colosseum every day!

On Thursday, July 7th, 2005 I arrived at the Colosseum early. I had a purple shirt, decorated with Céline's name across the front, as well as "Las Vegas, 2005" on the back, and a purple boa… I also made my mom wear a boa too! I don’t know why we wore boas, it was just fun! We got a few weird looks, and several compliments! As soon as my mom and I entered the Colosseum, I began to look for Lynne* to say hello. I wasn’t able to find her. I asked Elizabeth*, the second person I talked to, to tell her I said hello! When I told Elizabeth* my name, she remembered me, asking me, “You wouldn’t happen to be part of The Ashleys, would you?” I always find it heartwarming and funny that they remember two young fans from Indiana so well! We went in to our seats, I was so nervous. We were sitting in the third row, dead center. I don’t know why I was nervous, exactly. Ok, yes I do. I was seeing Céline again. This would be the fourth time I had seen her. I could not fathom that I had already seen her three times. I was convinced they were all a dream, all of it was a fantasy in my head -- but as it kept happening to me each year it became less and less easy to deny it as reality. I saw a fellow Céline fan who I had met online from Finland, Salla. We only acknowledged each other briefly, I wish we could have spoken more. There was a guy sitting next to my mom, he was from New Jersey. I never got his name, but he was adorable. Like most Céline fans, we instantly just began talking, both of us leaning forward over my mom's lap! We talked about our favorite songs in both French and English. I told him a little bit about my experiences in Vegas over the years, he was impressed. His friend, a girl about his age, wasn’t a big fan of Céline, but came along in support. She began making fun of Céline during “Fever”, saying she sounded like a chicken when she went, “Burrr”, she would have no idea how ironic her comment would be just moments later. She admitted that Céline had an amazing voice, but she just wasn’t her type. I would normally try to convince her of Céline’s awesomeness, but she was about to witness it firsthand either way, and I figured I would let her discover it on her own. “Jersey” as I shall call him, and I began discussing everything Céline, while his friend and my mom began discussing our obsession over Céline, with love of course.

Suddenly, the show began. My heart raced, my head spun. It’s almost as if I think this will be the one time when Céline doesn’t pop out the door, for some reason she won’t be there, it’s too good to be true. But once again, she appeared, and began to sing the first notes of “A New Day Has Come”, which I had never before heard her sing live. The spotlight hit her, and I stopped breathing. She had the microphone up to her lips and her hand in her pocket. She continued to sing with that beautiful voice that touches your soul in ways you didn’t think were possible. As she walked towards me for the first time, I found myself leaning backwards, almost as if it was too much, too soon! I needed to adjust to her presence before she came any closer! She stopped after “The Power of Love” for just a moment to receive the applause the audience was giving to her. I clapped and screamed, she saw me. Then she went on with the show, as I sang my heart out along with her, and danced all of the dance moves with her! “Jersey” was just as far gone as I was, and he too had seen Céline before, although he had never been seated this close before. She paused before “To Love You More”, as usual. This was my opening, and I knew it. As soon as the applause quieted, I called out to her, “I love you, Céline!” She immediately found me with her eyes, and smiled so big! Then several people in the Colosseum behind me began calling out to her, as she began to walk towards me. Her eyes darted around at all of the voices proclaiming their love to her, and then her eyes landed on me. I called out to her again, “I love you!” Without pause, she leaned down towards me and I received her heartfelt reply, “I love you too!!!!!” My heart leaped, and I smiled at her. According to my mom, “Jersey” leaned forward, awestruck going, “Oh my God!!” as if it had happened to him! I wish I would have seen it, I was in a trance. A Céline trance! I was so thrilled that I already had a moment with Céline to take home with me this year, little did I know just how many moments there would be to take home. I might need to buy an extra suitcase! The show went on, including “Fever”. By this time I was completely overcome, singing and dancing right along with her like I was the only one there. She made her way in front of me during the song, after she leaped off of the piano, and she leaned down and began singing to me! I sang right back to her without missing a beat, I even shocked myself! During the part in the song “Givin’ me fever, buurr!” she shakes her head in a funny way! Not even giving it a second thought, I did it right back to her, full on head shake! I’m sure I looked ridiculous. I was so in the moment, I didn’t realize I’d done it until I saw Céline’s reaction. She went into hysterics, laughing so hard she had to cover her mouth, and slap her leg! She continued the song, still trying not to laugh, having to walk away for a moment to contain herself. At this point, I’m laughing hysterically, my mom has lost it, and our friends from New Jersey are in tears. Not only because it was such a great moment, but also because of the debate on whether or not Céline sounded like a farm yard animal during that exact part! Céline bravely began to make her way back to the center of the stage, smiling as she glanced down at me, and nearly losing it again! It was a great moment, I sure will never forget it. She performed “I Surrender” which never fails to give me goose bumps. At the beginning of this song, Céline begins singing but is not visible on stage right away. “Jersey” didn’t know this, and began to search all over for her, my mom having to point to the far end of the stage where she was just beginning to walk on. Céline went on to introduce “Pour Que Tu M’aimes Encore”, and she informed the audience that it was written by Jean-Jacques Goldman. “Jersey”, my online friend Salla, and myself were the only ones who seemed to know who it was she was referring to. We all went, “Wooo!” She grinned at all of us, knowing where her biggest fans were seated that night. Hearing her sing this French song for the first time was so spectacular. My dream is to hear her sing many more French songs live, because it’s a completely different experience. Her emotions during a French song come from a different place, you might say a deeper place. She later performed, “I Drove All Night” and an adorable little girl in the front row went wild, dancing like crazy! Céline loved it, and gave her the rose at the end of the show. Before that she received an enormous standing ovation after “My Heart Will Go On”, tears were freely running down her face. She looked down at our row, without words, just an expression that showed her gratitude for our affection. I love these moments at the end of the show, it’s basically the only thing I enjoy about the end of her shows, it’s when everyone in the audience it trying to convey how much they love her, how phenomenal they think she is. I can only imagine what this must feel like to her, but her expression is almost as if she is trying to absorb all of the emotions we are sending, and it’s almost too much. Céline then gave the rose to the little girl and a hug, then Céline noticed the little girl had a sister, so she sent Elijah to get a second rose for her, then she saw in the row was another little girl. She played around with Elijah, frowning at him, stomping her foot, and pointed for him to go get one more for her! He came running back with a third rose, sliding into the middle of the stage in front of Céline! Céline laughed, kneeling down to him, kissing him on the cheek, and then proceeded to give the third rose out. It was so sweet and adorable, how Céline didn’t want to leave anyone out!

After the show, I searched for Lynne*, saw the back of her turn a corner and vanish. I knew I’d be seeing the show again in a couple days, so it wasn’t a big deal. I then decided to go catch a few dancers and say hello, and possibly catch Michel whom I owed a big hug. However, I didn’t see anyone, and figured I would try the following night. I was way too drained and overwhelmed by the show, Céline still loved me.

The following night, as planned I decided to attempt to say hello to cast members, and possibly Michel. I waited for a while, and again no one exited the doors. I noticed other fans waiting as well. Maybe they didn’t come out this way any longer? Just as I was about to leave and let it go, my mom screamed, “Kelby!” I turned my head, getting whiplash, and sure enough it was Kelby Brown. I hadn’t seen him since my very first show, when he enquired about if Ashlee and I liked his blonde hair. Kelby was peeking his head out the doors. My heart leaped, then immediately sunk when I realized my mom had scared him half to death! He had this look of total confusion and slight terror as to who this woman was, how she knew his name, and what she wanted from him. I gently went up to him, pointed to my sweatshirt and said, “I’m sorry my mom scared you! I’m a Céline fan!” He immediately understood, I need not say anything more. He laughed, and began making small talk. He was exactly as I had remembered him. He commented that it was freezing in the casino, which it certainly was. I had a Céline sweatshirt on, over my cute shirt, because it was so cold. My mom asked him for a picture with me, he said he was more than happy to. He said he still had makeup on from the show, I told him it was no problem! As we were posing he asked me why I had remembered him so well. I said, “You were one of the first dancers I met when I saw the show the first year, and you were so kind to me!” He smiled, and went, “Awww. Well, thank you so much!” We chatted for a couple more minutes, and told him we would be in the audience the following night in the second row! He said he would definitely see us, and wave to us! My heart was so full, because if all else failed, I saw Kelby! Then suddenly, I saw Mégo walk out, it was such an honor to meet him. I never thought I would have the chance to! He was walking fast, trying to get through the crowd, but I caught up with him. I said, “Excuse me, Mégo? Would you mind taking a picture with me?” The words just poured out of my mouth before my brain could catch up, had I really just been that bold? Then in his thick French-Canadian accent, he said, “Of course!” He put his arm tightly around me and smiled for the camera. Then after being so patient while my mom struggled to get the camera to work, I said, “Thank you so, so much!” He replied, “Yes, you’re welcome!” I was the only one who caught him that night, I was so thrilled to have met Mégo. My mind went in circles thinking of everything I’d read about him and his part in Céline’s career for over a decade and a half. Wow. Then suddenly musicians and dancers seemed to pour out into the casino one after the other. First was Chad, a dancer who seemed very shy, but was flattered that I wanted to meet with him and take a picture. Then Jean-Sébastien, the violinist, who was beyond sweet to me. Next was Deon, the dancer, who I was so excited to meet. He had been one of the dancers to autograph our programs the first year, but I didn’t remember actually meeting him. Deon posed for a picture with me, pulling me close, and hiding his cigarettes from the camera! After him was Don, who has a great sense of humor. He was the first dancer I met, and that is one quality about him that always remained constant. Soon after I met both André and Yves, who play the guitar and keyboard/accordion. They have been in Céline band for over fifteen years! I was thrilled to have the chance to meet them! André was the first of the two that I approached for a picture, and he seemed elated that I had even asked! Then I posed with Yves who was so much taller in person than I thought he would be. Soon after I asked Jean-Christophé Dasse, who plays opposite Elijah in the show. He's so sweet, he asked me my name and when I told him he repeated it while playing with my hair! You can even see in the picture my hair is flopped over to one side! Then I saw Elijah, he is such a sweetheart. We talked with him the longest, or should I say he talked to us the longest. My mom was gushing over him, telling him how his facial expressions in the show were so wonderful they made her cry! He blushed and smiled, and joked that his facial muscles get tired night after night! After taking a picture, we said our goodbyes to him, and told him we would see him the following night from the second row! We had told seemingly everyone this, they all said they would look for us! After my brain had a chance to catch up after meeting one after the other of amazing dancers and musicians, I saw Sam, a dancer who has a mowhawk at the Slice Bar. My mom went up to him, even though I told her to let it go because he was eating. Even so, he was more than happy to, quickly putting his arm around me and smiling! He then said, “Oh my God, wait!”, then he turned towards me, “Do I have pizza in my teeth?” I laughed and looked, and his teeth were pizza free, “No, you’re good!” He laughed, and then my mom said, “Don’t worry, if you do, she’ll fix it on the computer!” He nodded, “Photoshop!” We laughed and took the picture, he was so fun. Although there was no sign of Michel whom I wanted to thank, I was reeling from meeting so many of the talented people who back Céline every night. We began to make our way back to our hotel, stopping briefly for yet another photo in front of the Céline banner that adorned the Colosseum entrance. Then I heard my mom say, “Lynne*?” I looked, sure enough it was her! She looked at my mom confused, then looked at me exclaiming, "Ashley!!!!!" It warmed my heart that she remembered me that well! She said hello, and apologized for missing me the night before. She said it had been a very busy week! She remembered from my email that I was seeing the show the following night, and she said she would try to track me down. I told her I hoped she could! Then my mom asked her for a picture with me, even though I could tell she was tired. We posed for a picture, and I told her I hoped to see her tomorrow… what a night.

Saturday, July 9th, it started off horribly. It was insanely hot that day, and we got the bright idea to walk up and down the strip, midday, leading to me getting a heat rash on my face! I was in a panic thinking that was how I was going to look that night, but luckily after a shower and some well spent time in the air conditioned hotel room, I was good to go. I almost didn’t want to walk across the street, to enter the Colosseum, to see the show. Because before I knew it, it would be over. I would have already seen Céline live from the second row, sometimes the anticipation is the best part! But we entered the Colosseum, and my heart raced. I briefly searched for Lynne*, but couldn’t find her. She knew where I was sitting, so at the off chance that she would have time to chat, she knew where to find me. I sat down in the second row, I can’t even put into words how I was feeling when I realized how close I was to the stage, how close I would be to Céline! Wow.

Soon the music started, “A new day… ahh…” It overwhelmed me. Maybe because it was finally sinking in, it was her. She was real. I was there. This was happening. I felt so lucky, so thankful. She walked towards me, I smiled so big at her, I couldn’t contain my excitement! She locked eyes with me, and starred intensely, smiling so big back at me. Even her eyes smiled. She went through the first few songs, and all throughout she kept looking at me, smiling at me, winking at me, and singing to me... I was in disbelief. If my mom hadn't been next to me, tapping me on the leg or arm showing her excitement for me, I probably still wouldn't believe it! At the end of "Because You Loved Me" her microphone went out just for a moment, it was thrilling to me that I could still hear her perfectly without the mic! Then she finished "To Love You More", and I got ready for my opening. Finally it quieted, and I yelled, "I love you Céline!!!!!" The crowd around me laughed, and Céline immediately found me with her eyes, laughing. Someone behind me yelled, "You're beautiful, Céline!" This made her laugh harder! She looked me right in the eyes and said, "What a great way to start the night, I love you and you're beautiful too!" I nearly floated out of my chair. She then went on to speak a few words about how much she loves performing in Vegas, how she adores being so close to the us, the audience. She looked at me with a grin when she said this. I laughed. Then she made a face and said they were talking to her in her ear saying she needed to go on with the show, she was talking too much! She said, "I'm the youngest of 14, I want to talk!" Then to my surprise she walked right up to me, keep in mind I was not in the center, I was far off to her left. She leaned down to me and said, "Shall we go for it?!" I went wild, I was indeed ready to go for it! I had the instant feeling this was going to be an amazing night I would never forget. Only minutes into the show, and I could have died a happy Céline fan! She started singing, "Mmm...mmm..." And I exclaimed, "Whooohooo!" Then she gave me a funny look out of the corner of her eye and shook her leg at me, and I followed with another, "Whoohooo!" My actions were beyond my control. As she did her little dance up to the front of the stage, she locked eyes with me and we actually sang the first few lines of the song right to each other, with enthusiasm! I have no idea how I remained conscious. She briefly paused to look to her left, and I knew the part in the song when she points to someone was coming up. I was ready. I knew she would point at me. So sure enough when she turned her head back towards me, she pointed, and said, "I'm alive, and so are yooou!" I pointed back at her simultaneously saying the same thing! The look her in her eyes was incredible! Throughout the remainder of the song, if she didn't have choreography to do, she was in front of me, singing to me! I was in amazement, but on such a high that I didn't have the brain power to comprehend what was happening and freak out. Don't worry, it sank in later. She sang the end of the song, "We're alive...," then says, "Oh, yes we are!" She said that right to me, of course, and I back to her! Then my favorite moment of the show happened. Maybe one of my favorite moments with Céline overall. She had her back to the audience, ready to walk into the middle of the stage to sit in 'the chair' for "Seduces Me". As the applause was starting to quiet, before she began to walk forwards, she turned her head over her shoulder and locked eyes with me. It caught me off guard as I was clapping my hands and beaming with excitement. She smiled so big, her eyes sparkling, and she gave me one of her very enthusiastic trademark winks. I stopped in mid-clap as she did this, and put my hands on my heart. Just to make sure it was still beating. It was, very rapidly. She continued to smile at me, and I back at her, while the very few audience members who saw her do this surrounding me went, "Awwww..." She starred at me intensely for quite a long moment, smiling. There were no words, but I could feel her appreciation. After a long pause, she walked forward and began "Seduces Me". As the guys were rolling onto the stage, my head fell on my mom's shoulder and I whispered, "Oh my God, it's only the fifth song or so and this has already happened?" I could have gone home right then and have been the happiest fan on the planet. It was almost too much to know I still had several songs and several moments yet to happen. After "Seduces Me" she makes her joke, "You wanna try the chair?" which never gets old, she sells it every time. I exclaimed, "My turn!" Before she sang a very emotional, "If I Could" she talked again about how wonderful it was to be so close and to be able to hear and see everyone so well. Again, she looked at me when she said this. She went on to sing beautifully, she kept coming back to me, feeding off my never ending supply of energy! She kept winking, smiling, making goofy faces at me. She had me in hysterics as she ran from one side of the stage to another suddenly full stopping in front of me, crossing her eyes and sticking her tongue out at me and then kept going! I thought I would die laughing. So as she ran back from the other side, I made a goofy face at her and she threw her head back in laughter! It was all too much! She continued with beautiful, flawless performances such as, "Ammore Annascunnuto" in Italian. I sang right along with her, and according to my mom she grinned when she saw I was singing along in Italian! Considering she was more with it than I was, I'll take her word for it. Then she sang "Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore", once again not many people knew who Jean-Jacques Goldman was but me and a group of French-speaking fans towards the back. You could tell Céline was thrilled they were there! And when she saw me singing along in French, you could tell it warmed her heart. She normally sings this song looking upwards into a camera that shows on the screen behind her, but several times she starred at me sincerely, her eyes wide as I sang along with every word. Next came, "I Wish", we were back to the goofy faces again! At the very end of the song when she plops down on the stairs she looked at me with the silliest face her eyes bulged out and her lips in a contorted position, which sent me into hysterics again! Finally, during "Love Can Move Mountains", I was able to dance my heart out. This song was full of interaction, still at my disbelief. So many winks, smiles, and singing to me! The best part was when she leaned down to me once again and sang, "Do you believe in me?" and I pointed back singing, "I believe in you!" It was so much fun. Unfortunately everyone sat down for "I Drove All Night", but that didn't stop me from chair dancing, which got me a thumbs up from Céline! Then it was time for the ever emotional "My Heart Will Go On", but not for the reason you might think. It's emotional because the end of the show is near. It always comes and goes way too fast. But this had been the most incredible night. I couldn't have dreamt this night up, it was magical. To not only witness her performance, but in a way, be a part of it. After the song ended, she usually gets a standing ovation. For whatever reason, no one was standing up, or maybe just not fast enough for me. I flew out of my seat cheering and clapping, Céline laughed and winked at me, very touched. Soon everyone else followed, on their feet! Céline thanked everyone from the bottom of her heart, and then followed with her final song "What a Wonderful World". Everyone went into a Céline-trance. The lights were on during the song, so she could see each and every face in the crowd. Pictures of the audience were being flashed across the screen behind her, a man sleeping appeared with his mouth hanging open! Everyone burst into laughter, and Céline turned around to see what was so funny. Then she started laughing, trying to keep singing at the same time! She put her finger to her mouth and said, "Shhhh! That's a good sign!" It never ceases to amaze me how Céline can communicate with over 4,000 people as if they were her family or people she's known forever, so relaxed and at ease. You can tell she is most comfortable up there on stage, doing what she was born to do. As soon as the song finished, without hesitation, I flew out of my seat again to give her a standing ovation, she locked eyes with me again, laughing. I threw my hands up, clapping wildly. She touched her heart and smiled at me. She always looks so amazed even after all of the standing ovations she's received all her life. She looked around at the audience in amazement, so touched by their love. When Céline approached the audience with the rose, she looked down at me with a boo-boo face as if to say, "I'm sorry I can't reach you!" That may sound pretentious, as if I was assuming I should get the rose, but my mom confirmed she'd seen it too. She ended up giving it to an older lady in the front row, who didn't seem at all thrilled. Céline quickly made her way back onstage, saying her goodbyes and waving to all of us. What a night. I will never forget it. Ever.

After the show, I still hadn't comprehended what had happened. We walked out into the casino, I briefly checked to see if I could spot Michel. My mom went up to the Slice Bar, and I waited for her with my dad by the slot machine he was playing. I was starring off into space, as I tend to do, still in my Céline-zone, when I glanced up at my mom I saw she was talking to a table of very familiar people including Yves and André! I panicked, what was she saying? Oh, God. I rushed up there just as she was walking away. She told me that after she had stumbled all over her words while being mesmerized by Yves' beautiful eyes, which he does have beautiful eyes, she had asked about Michel. At first I complained, "Mom, why did you bug them? It's not that big of deal!" and then I asked what they'd said. She told me she asked if Michel was ok and if he was here. Yves told my mom that he was absolutely here! He had been on vacation recently, but was back. He had even told my mom where Michel had gone on vacation, but she couldn't remember where he'd said. Yves' gorgeous eyes were to blame for the memory loss once again. My mom told me she had said, "Well, I just wanted to make sure he was here, because we hadn't seen him, and my daughter wanted to say hello to him." Yves generously asked if he could deliver a message. My mom said, "Sure. Tell him that Ashley from Indiana is here to thank him for the autograph!" Yves said he would definitely tell him either tonight or tomorrow. After that, I made yet another stop at the Céline store and bought the plush frog I'd had my eye on all week. I bought it that night so I would always remember everything that happened on July 9, 2005 when I looked at it. I took it back to the hotel and fell asleep hugging it, still trying to take in what a night it had been.

I woke up the next morning a little depressed. If you're a Céline fan, you know what I'm saying. Seeing her perform live is such a high, that when you come down from it, it's a little sad. I was still very excited about what a fabulous night it had been, and very much in disbelief that everything that happened, happened. And Vegas is very much an exciting place to be, but without the anticipation of seeing the show again this trip, it was bittersweet.

After a tiring day in Vegas, we once again traveled over to Caesars Palace to shop some more at the Céline store! And also to try one last time to spot Michel after the show. I assumed on a Sunday, everyone may tend to go home after the show because it's the last night of the week, so I wasn't expecting to see anyone. But I noticed quite a few dancers walking around, and they were all dressed up. I didn't stop them of course, although some waved at me. I glanced over and saw a girl with red hair, and instantly recognized her to be Amber Sorgato, a dancer whom I had met the year before. She was just standing there alone, so I decided it was ok to approach her, just to say hello. I noticed she hadn't been in the shows I'd seen that week, and I wondered why, but I didn't feel it was my business to ask. My mom didn't have that problem, but Amber thought it was sweet that we noticed she was missing. She explained that she had a minor injury and would be out of the show for a couple of months to do some necessary physical therapy. My mom and I both wished her a speedy recovery, and that we hoped to see her in the show next time we're lucky enough to see it. She was there for a cast party, and waiting for some fellow dancers. We posed for a quick picture, and then said my goodbyes to her as several dancers came out all looking fabulous, and went towards the Pure nightclub. I later found out that Céline had thrown everyone in the cast and crew a party at Pure, for no other reason but to show her appreciation. That woman is awesome, isn't she? I stayed close to the doors for a little while longer, thinking I must have already missed Michel. Suddenly my mom gasped and went, "Michel?" I whipped my head around and my heart leaped. If it wasn't for my mom, I would have never seen him, obviously still in my trance. It can last for days. It was Michel, all dressed in black with a long grey ponytail, as usual! He always places his hands together underneath his chin, smiles, and says, "Yes?" I took a breath, gathered all the confidence I could find, and then to really give me a boost I remembered last year how much I regretted not being able to speak to him. I also had something important to say, and to deliver. He leaned down real close to me, and I began, "Michel, I know you don't remember me, but my name is Ashley. I met you last year. I gave you a letter to deliver to Céline, which you so kindly did because I received an autograph from her in the mail weeks after. I sent you a card to thank you, and in it I said that if I was ever able to return, I owed you a big hug." He smiled. I took a breath, smiled, opened my arms as wide as I could and said, "So I owe you a BIG hug!" A huge smile beamed across his face, and I'll never forget the way he chuckled. He immediately opened his arms as wide as he could and we embraced. Being that we didn't know one another, I had planned for just a simple hug. But he squeezed me into the tightest hug I have ever received! He had his arms wrapped all the way around me, rubbing my back, making an "Errrr!" sound, which I giggled at! It was a long hug, and when it ended the look on his face was priceless. I could tell that was touched I had cared enough to thank him for something he knew meant the world to me. I intended to let him on his way, he was dressed for the party as well, when my mom asked him for a picture. Without hesitation he said, "Sure!" I stood next to him right where we were, but he turned his head around behind us and very animatedly said, "Oh, no. Let's go over here. We don't need the machines in the background!" I giggled, and he took me over in front of the windows of the Céline store, then proceeded to fix himself for the camera. Whipping his ID that was around his neck over his shoulder, and removing his glasses putting them into the pocket of his shirt. He looked at me, posed, and joked, "Look, ok?" I laughed, "You look great!" He pulled me so close that we were cheek to cheek, and he smiled so big. After the picture he gave me a little squeeze and I thanked him again. I said, "Thank you so much! It means the world!" He said, "No problem at all!" I've never met a more polite, gracious man in my life. I was so happy at the end of this trip, that I had been able to show Michel my gratitude. Because even though he is her brother, and it wasn't a problem for him to deliver a letter to her... he didn't have to. But he did, out of the kindness of his heart, and in turn made a Céline fan named Ashley, very grateful.

We returned back to the hotel after and I just starred at the picture. I starred out the window at the people dancing on the roof of the Pure nightclub. I starred at the Colosseum and recollected what had happened inside. I thought about the shows I'd been to, the moments that had been shared, could it possibly get any better?

*Name has been changed to protect identity.

No comments: